Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Name for blog and me!

I decided it is time to change the name of my blog in case it ever becomes hugely popular so I don't get sued by Michael Jackson's estate for using the name of a Beatles' song as the name for my blog. So, Molly's Musings it will be. Yes, deep thoughts to follow...one of these days!

My other new name hasn't been chosen yet, though a few have been mentioned...Grandma, Grama, Grammie, G'ma, Nana. Oh dear, the choices are endless. The reason is precious. Clare Amelia Fye was born on October 31, 2012 to my daughter Kate Konen and her guy, Alan Fye.


As is the right of every new grandma, I can safely say that she is the most adorable baby I've seen in a little over 22 years which is when her Uncle Scott was born. I am a little partial, though.

Her name does have a history, though Kate didn't know she picked not only one, but two, names from her Grammie Lorraine's side of the family. Clare's middle name, Amelia, is also Grammie Lorraine's middle name and a big smile showed up on the old gal's face when I told her. My mom had a cousin named Clara, which was also Mom's sister Dorothy's middle name. Clare is a good choice - short and sweet like her mama's name.

So, dear little Clare, welcome to the world and enjoy being spoiled by family and friends. This grandma gig is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment