Good evening! Welcome to my first entry in the world of blogdom.
Today, July 1, is my mom Lorraine's 95th birthday. She spent it at the hospital after having a stroke on the evening of June 29. She is doing remarkably well and had a wonderful day of celebrating in spite of having a weak left arm and leg. Her speech and memory are fine. She can eat and drink like a champ. She now gets thickened water - what a deal. Never heard of that before this all hit. It keeps her from choking on the thin liquid which could get into her lungs with bacteria and cause pneumon
Thanks to all who sent cards, flowers, emails and for the phone calls. She's getting used to talking on my cell phone. Ah, technology! They seldom have her phone by her bed so it is easier to use mine. When she moves to her next room, we'll try to keep the phone closer to her so she can receive her calls. She'll move to the transition area of the hospital or a rehab center in a few days.
I will keep you updated on her progress and with other stories of our lives that I hope won't be too boring. I plan to keep a positive attitude whenever possible in my writings. It is much more fun to read, first of all, and more fun to write. Hence the happy blog name - Good Day Sunshine - a great attitude - and a great song. Yea, okay - how long did you think it would take for me to mention the Beatles in this thing?
Please bear with me as I learn how to navigate through the editing process and add photos. I may have to contact my tech support aka my daughter Kate.
Until next time.
Molly
Molly - your Mom is fantastic looking! What a lovely woman and such great pictures. I'm so glad to hear she is doing well. Very nice bog post, too. You should check out the Jitterbug phones - they're supposed to be great for seniors.
ReplyDelete